The popularity of online shopping is increasing by the day – and so is competition among retailers and e-commerce businesses that use PPC campaigns to attract online shoppers. Marketers really need to ramp up their efforts and adopt the best campaign management practices for improving ROI.
In this post, we bring to you the best recommended PPC management practices for campaigns run on the AdWords platform.
Accurate Product Data Feed
The foundation of effective PPC management for Google Shopping campaigns is having a complete, accurate and up-to-date product feed in your Google Merchant Center.
- AdWords Product Listing Ads pull information from the product feed to advertise products in response to user search queries.
- All relevant information such as price, availability, brand and image should be accurate.
- Google penalizes marketers who omit required information or fail to update information.
Effective Tracking for Deep Insights
PPC white label experts highly recommend setting up analytics tracking to get valuable insights into the performance of PPC shopping campaigns.
- When analytics is set up, you will be able to get incisive insights such as which items are bestselling, where sales are coming from and the exact revenue you’re making from each sale.
- This type of information is vital for taking campaign optimization decisions.
A mix of Ad Types
PPC management experts know that an e-commerce business can use different types of ads and campaigns to drive ROI.
- For example, e-commerce advertisers can benefit from both text ads and Product Listing Ads.
- While text ads are great for retailers and help to highlight specific information such as features, PLA ads are an excellent way to highlight visuals and aggressively compete with other e-commerce businesses offering similar or same products.
Organized Campaign Structure
White label PPC management professionals understand the need to have a strategic campaign structure to drive improved returns.
- Depending on the type of products you’re selling, you may break into attribute-specific campaigns.
- For example, if you’re an apparel retailer, you can have separate campaigns for different brands, a campaign for your best sellers and so on.
- This will allow you to have greater control and allocate more budget to best performing campaigns.
Negative Keywords to Curtail Wasteful Expenditure
It’s important to add negative keywords to Shopping campaigns. Negative keywords are search terms you don’t want your ads to show up for – negative keywords include keywords that are irrelevant to your business and resulting in unwanted search traffic and expenditure.
Use Appropriate Ad Extensions
Retailers and e-commerce businesses can benefit from specific ad extensions such as structured snippet extensions, price extensions, review extensions and the new promotion extensions.
- With structured snippets, you can highlight specific brands, product types etc.
- Review extensions are great for establishing credibility.
- Promotion extensions are excellent for showcasing limited period offers such as discounts, promo codes and so on.
White label PPC management professionals focus on quality content. In shopping campaigns, the focus should be on creating keyword rich headlines and product descriptions. Also, you need to have an attractive landing page that not only has useful product information and a strong call-to-action but also additional content such as product videos, user reviews, images etc.
Close Watch on Competition
For effective e-commerce PPC campaigns, it pays to keep an eye on what competitors are up to.
- Prices can fluctuate, discounts can come and go and you really need to be on your toes to match or better such offers to maintain or increase sales.
- Use the Auction Insights Report to track if and which of your competitors are outperforming in terms of impressions share and ad rank.
Implement a Remarketing Campaign
Have a good remarketing campaign in place to entice users who visited your site but left without purchasing.
- These users are already familiar with your offerings and implementing a good remarketing campaign will help you stay on top of their minds when they’re ready to purchase.
- Ads in your remarketing campaign should include new, compelling information or enticing offers that encourage them to come back and complete a transaction.
Need assistance implementing these strategies? Let your favorite PPC management services provider do the heavy lifting for you!